Steele Creek Park and Campground Pet Policy
We at Steele Creek Park love pets and so we do not charge an additional fee. That being said, we would like all of our visiting pups to have a happy and safe experience when camping with us. Service dogs are welcome but leash and breed rules still apply.
- Good behavior is required of all dogs and dog owners. Please be aware that there are many guests here who do not enjoy hearing a barking dog so if this applies, you may wish to make other arrangements for your furry friend.
- All dogs are required to be on a leash and under the control and observation of their owner or caretaker at all times. We do not allow any pet to be left in a campsite unattended at any time.
- We do not allow dogs to be left on a chain or leash that is tied or strapped down. Kennels, crates and cages are not permitted outside your tent or camper. Dogs should be inside your tent or camper with you at night.
- Leashes should be no longer than 6 feet and are required. Dogs cannot be walked off a leash at any time. Dogs are also not to be walked by children under 12 years of age unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- All pets MUST be picked up after immediately.
- No pets are allowed at any time in the picnic area or on the beach area.
Failure to comply with the above rules can result in a member of management asking guests to leave. We have a zero tolerance policy for any pet left alone in a vehicle!!
Our major insurance provider requires that we cannot accept any breeds that have a history of unfriendly or aggressive behaviors. These breeds include: Pitbulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and Chows. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you in advance for your compliance.